[tei-council] FR nuncles: new element tei:objectType

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 11:56:43 EST 2011

This is strictly for use in MS Desc, right? not intended as a general purpose
<object> parallel to <name>, for instance? the sentence "that is it is
more flexible way to handle descriptions of objects in running prose
(usually in the section), which allows multiple objects for a single text,"
is confusing me a  bit.

but assuming so, then the name bothers me. In the example given:

   <material>silk</material> <objectType>ribbons<objectType>

the <objectType> really looks weird to my eyes. I think, "why not <materialType>?"

<form> might be better. but dict hijacked that.

I'd stick with <object> meself.
 Information and Support Group Manager
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios