[tei-council] update on spring 2011 council meeting

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 20 12:05:38 EST 2010

On 20 Dec 2010, at 16:50, Lou Burnard wrote:

> This is good news, but how should it affect our release cycle?
> I haven't seen much comment on my message of last week, but if we agree
> with what is stated there, we will  be using this meeting to sign off on
> the next P5 release. Or are we  planning to squeeze in a release
> *before* it?

I suppose there are three possibilities:

a) we make a release in early feb using editorial resources owed from last year, and implementing decisions
   effectively made earlier this year (viz genetic stuff), and then move to a May and November release
   (if we can afford two meetings)

b) we build up from now to a giant release in May

c) we reject the premise of your message, and continue
  to release 3 times a year with whatever is available,
  using whatever time and resources anyone wants to commit

if we could get anywhere with the current large set of requests which are between 50% and 90%
discussed, I suggest that it would be well worth while doing a february release under the Old
Dispensation, otherwise the burden will become too great.
Sebastian Rahtz
 Information and Support Group Manager
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios