[tei-council] editorial services

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 03:29:28 EST 2010

On 16 Dec 2010, at 02:52, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> You could divide it that way, but I was actually thinking of the
> difference between knowing how to write clear prose for the guidelines
> and knowing how to edit an ODD file.  In the latter I include not only
> understanding the class system and schema languages but even the tag set
> used within the ODD (like <gi>).

just to be clear, all the TEI Guidelines are one (ODD) doc, and the usage
of tags like <gi> is uniform across running prose and tech doc. The chapter
parts of the of the gidlines do require you to grok eg specDesc, specList,
egXML, tag, att and friends. But  the discipline is not the same as writing *Spec,
I agree

>  My modus operandi is to nag people about the things they said
> they would do but then never did.  (Just ask Dan or Laurent ...)  In
> this case, I'm not sure who to nag.

Dan, I suspect.

Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente