[tei-council] update from the TEI Tite task force

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Dec 14 08:46:23 EST 2010

On 12/14/2010 5:11 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2010, at 03:08, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>>
>> First some notes on aligning the two versions and then on additional
>> changes to consider making (to both versions).
>
> I am puzzling by a thread running through the message, which
> seems to imply that we will carry on with two versions. Why
> are we not targetting one central version which everyone uses?

My statement was misleading.

The plan is to converge on a single canonical version of Tite, to be
hosted at tei-c.org.  However, Apex has always told Dan that they will
likely not be able to keep up with our incremental improvements to Tite,
instead using a DTD snapshot of the schema and retraining their staff
only periodically to use a later version.

--Kevin