[tei-council] Fwd: bug report for Council, if you like

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 13:42:34 EDT 2010

On 05/10/10 00:04, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>> I would also say c).  I think the TEI should be providing the general
>> solution here for both paths and areas.  I think having a) or b) is a
>> matter for local encoding guidelines and/or processing.  I recognise
>> that b) is probably the most common way it would be used, but don't see
>> how it really benefits us to make this a requirement rather than just a
>> common practice.
>
> A vote for c) for zone means extra work for you in all xising situations, adding that final point...

I recognise that, but I still feel it is the more general solutions and
fits more with the way TEI tends to do something.  Ok, *I* might add a
schematron rule that insists that last point be the same as the first..
and in fact I think that would be a good example to have available to
the community...but in my old age I get worried about nailing things
down too tight.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings
Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford