[tei-council] Fwd: bug report for Council, if you like

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 17:45:37 EDT 2010

On 4 Oct 2010, at 22:40, Lou Burnard wrote:

> doh. yes indeed. so we define data.point as a pair of data.numeric values, and we define @points as at least three data.points

yes. a  point is a pair of comma-separated data.numerics

> i think the geneticians want to use this attribute to record wavy lines as well as polygons, so maybe we should not assume that it is necessarily a closed shape?

don't confuse the attribute with the container

   * zone/@points defines an enclosing shape
   *WhatEverGeneticsWants/@points can define a line

but we should not allow Geneticist's to use <surface> for their line, I would suggest.

Either way, the definition of @points is not affected.
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente