[tei-council] Fwd: bug report for Council, if you like

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Oct 4 13:11:04 EDT 2010

I believe I've dredged up the history of this. On the TEI Graphics SIG,
in April, I posted this:

HI all,

Yesterday I worked out a simple regular expression to validate the
content of the proposed @points:

each point consists of two integers separated by a comma; a points value
consists of three or more of these points, separated by a whitespace.

However, going back to look at the specification for @svg:points, which
was our original model, I realize that it allows negative values as well
as positive, and floating-point values as well as integers.

Since @ulx and friends are defined as data.numeric, which also allows
negatives and floating-point numbers, it would make sense to me that
@points allows this too. This is the definition of data.numeric:

data.numeric =
     xsd:double | token { pattern = "(\-?[\d]+/\-?[\d]+)" } | xsd:decimal

In view of this, I think @points should be defined as three or more
instances of data.numeric, separated by whitespace. What do you think?

So it seems that I'm the source of the erroneous regexp, but in fact I
wasn't proposing that it be adopted; I favoured using three+ instances
of data.numeric instead. Both Sebastian and Conal agreed with this.
However, on the SF feature request discussion, this doesn't seem to have
been considered (presumably my fault -- I did include my faulty regexp
in the discussion, but neglected to bring over the resulting discussion
from the GRAPHICS SIG.

On 10-10-03 10:46 PM, Laurent Romary wrote:
> Just pointing to it to confirm this would be the most sensible way to
> rpoceed.
> Laurent
> Le 3 oct. 10 à 20:14, Martin Holmes a écrit :
>>> what do you think about closing the path?
>> I seem to recall a discussion about this before. Did we not decide
>> that
>> if a path is not closed, it would be deemed closed as if the first
>> point
>> were re-iterated as the last?
> Laurent Romary
> laurent.romary at inria.fr