[tei-council] Fwd: bug report for Council, if you like

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 2 09:58:40 EDT 2010

>>     Personally, I think the best way to go is to define a TEI
>>     datatype (data.point) as
>>        xsd:token { pattern = "[0-9]+,[0-9]+" }
>>     and then use
>>
>>     <datatype minOccurs="3" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>>       <rng:ref name="data.point"/>
>>     </datatype>

I do agree with Syd that this is much more readable. However,
it (and the existing pattern) fail to take account of the fact that the
other attributes in att.coordinated (x1,y1,x2,y2) are expressed
as data.numeric, which expands to

 <rng:choice>
      <rng:data type="double"/>
      <rng:data type="token">
        <rng:param name="pattern">(\-?[\d]+/\-?[\d]+)</rng:param>
      </rng:data>
      <rng:data type="decimal"/>
    </rng:choice>

I do think we must be consistent here, and allow @points to contain
negative and fractional numbers.

Another worry, which I wonder if we ever discussed, is whether the path
describes by @points has to close itself or not.

I really am gobsmacked that we let this through without a test file.
Information and Support Group Manager, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente