[tei-council] multiple namespaces in Tite documents

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun Sep 26 12:13:17 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Perry Trolard and I are creating a set of SourceForge tickets dealing
with Tite issues.  Once we get all of our info in there, I'll bring
these to Council with recommendations on how to resolve them.  In the
meantime, I have a technical and documentation style question.

The Tite ODD introduces a few elements not in the TEI namespace, such as
namespaces here:

<text xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
xmlns:tite="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/tite/1.0" xml:id="foo">

(I gave the TEI namespace as the default and called the Tite one "tite".
  You could call the Tite one whatever you like, I suppose, and you
could likewise put the Tite namespace elsewhere besides the root.  But
this seems like the sensible thing to do.)

Would it be appropriate to specify in the Tite documentation the name
you use for the tite namespace?  If so, I think we should include this
namespace on examples using elements from this namespace.

For clarity, shouldn't definitions of elements from this namespace
include this namespace on the element name?

Kevin