[tei-council] TEI Canonical URIs and DOIs

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 09:47:00 EDT 2010

I've just closed:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2411994&group_id=106328&atid=644065

which was arguing for the TEI adopting a DOI solution to
providing canonical URIs.  I believe we now provide canonical
URIs for source and guidelines as my last comment on that ticket
shows.  However, providing canonical URIs is indeed different
than providing DOIs.  I have a recollection that the council
discussed this at some point but not what the conclusion was.

If additional comments are added to the ticket, obviously, I'll
reopen it.

Just trying to tidy up,
-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service
OUCS, University of Oxford