[tei-council] Vote early for ticket tidyup (part 1)

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 06:44:31 EDT 2010

Not sure if it is appropriate to vote on request tickets I
submitted but here goes:

> 2994666  Change idno content model to macro.xText
AGREE: good enough for now, adding <desc> is another FR. (but my
ticket)

> 2859183  Make all milestoneLike elements spanning  ....
AGREE

> 2834871  Close ticket: will not fix                ....
Reluctantly AGREE: I think it is still an important idea and TEI
should encourage someone to build it, but TEI has now created the
possibility of doing so, before it was literally impossible.  TEI
should encourage good practice of  @source usually pointing to
that vault release of TEI so as to avoid unwanted additions in
later schema generation.  (but again, my ticket).

> 2859355  Permit macro.xText within <subst>
AGREE with macro.xtext, reservations about schematron rule.

> 2984463  Add new class att.sortable
AGREE

> 2994740  Add new milestoneLike element <gb>
AGREE: but think current milestone element works as well.

> 2994671  Review suggested values for @calendar     ....
DISAGREE: Using the W3C suggested values is a good fallback,
which I would agree with and must be done, but if and only if we
don't change it to be a pointer which allows much more scope for
documenting values not recognised by the W3C like medieval
Iranian Jalali or the fantastical Star Trek 'stardate' calendar.
  See comment on ticket. (But again, my ticket).

> 3019781  Close ticket: text clarified ok           ....
AGREE.

> 3044329  add @licence attribute to <availability>        ...
AGREE

> 3046288  modify content model of <f> to permit text
AGREE

> 3054295  change content models of origDate and origPlace ...
AGREE

> 3064014  add suggested values from known source for rs at type
AGREE

Also added comments to some tickets with further details.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service
OUCS, University of Oxford