[tei-council] TEI for publishing: archival or interchange format? (was Re: What's next on the TEI publishing thread)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 18:18:30 EDT 2010

On 1 Sep 2010, at 19:51, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Okay, I understand now.  I have not been making such a distinction,
> which is why I conflated "archive" and "pivot point" in my document.  I
> avoided using the term "interchange format" because I find it ambiguous:
> you use it as pivot point, whereas to me it sounds a bit like an output
> format.

I agree, the terninology is open to interpretation. I do still see a distinction
between tei_all (archive format) and tei_pub (pivot format), but its probably
not appropriate for this doc.

> I have revised to leave more wiggle room:
>
> https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARyxZGtPbrQ1ZHYzZHg3aF8xNmZyYjR3emY4
>
> Is this better?

yes, seems fine now.

I'll get back now to my current task of converting an InDesign file (via HTML) into TEI for use
in making an ePub for the Bodleian Library ..... :-}

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente