[tei-council] Fwd: suggestions for TEI Tite documentation on AccesTEI portal

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Aug 12 19:09:07 EDT 2010

Well, wouldn't that actually be related? PIE *bh --> Gmc *b by Grimm's
law, and Verner's law wouldn't apply
(http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/Tutorials/grimms-law-and-verners-law-notes).

Actually, there is a discussion about this very thing on a blog
maintained by your institution's vanity press:
http://blog.oup.com/2006/11/etymological_fo/ A lot less fun as an
explanation though. We murder to dissect.

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)