[tei-council] Fwd: suggestions for TEI Tite documentation on AccesTEI portal

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Aug 11 19:13:35 EDT 2010

Then we are happy bali, which I'm guessing is the plural if, as I
suspect, baloo comes from *balus (Gr. Balos). If it was fourth
declension (perhaps Gabby can help) I suppose it might be "happy balus"
in the plural. Unless we got it from French, of course, in which case
all bets are off.

-dan

On 10-08-11 05:08 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> I knew it was about Tite, but I don't recall any "hubbabaloo" about the
> version number on their PDF: I expressed some  concern about the
> licensing phrase, as I thought I already made clear, and those concerns
> have apparently been addressed, so I'm a happy baloo.
>

> On 11/08/10 23:12, O'Donnell, Dan wrote:
>
>> No Lou, I'm not talking about P5. You might recall this was about Tite
>> and the version number Apex have put on their PDF. There was a
>> hubbabaloo about the fact that they called this 1.1. In fact I think you
>> wanted to sue.
>>
>> They've agreed to call it whatever we want. I imagine their lawyers
>> warned them about taking us on.
>>
>> -dan

>>> If by our "official numbering" you mean the numbering of P5 releases,
>>> this has been set up since c. 2005. If you don't, please could you
>>> clarify what you do mean?
>>>
>>> The schemas generated from an ODD by the stylesheets now always specify
>>> the version number of the Guidelines they used as well as the date and
>>> time. That's a comparatively recent development, so maybe that's what
>>> you had in mind?

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)