[tei-council] Fwd: suggestions for TEI Tite documentation on AccesTEI portal

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Aug 11 18:12:57 EDT 2010

No Lou, I'm not talking about P5. You might recall this was about Tite
and the version number Apex have put on their PDF. There was a
hubbabaloo about the fact that they called this 1.1. In fact I think you
wanted to sue.

They've agreed to call it whatever we want. I imagine their lawyers
warned them about taking us on.

-dan

On 10-08-11 02:58 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> On 11/08/10 21:51, O'Donnell, Dan wrote:
>

>> I also told Peggy that the numbering would have to be aligned with the
>> TEI's official numbering once we've got that set up
>>
> If by our "official numbering" you mean the numbering of P5 releases,
> this has been set up since c. 2005. If you don't, please could you
> clarify what you do mean?
>
> The schemas generated from an ODD by the stylesheets now always specify
> the version number of the Guidelines they used as well as the date and
> time. That's a comparatively recent development, so maybe that's what
> you had in mind?

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)