[tei-council] One Licence Does it all

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 18:13:33 EDT 2010

On 10/08/10 21:55, O'Donnell, Dan wrote:
> When they needed to do things--for example, like adjust
> documentation so that it didn't include examples and text that referred
> to other things not in Tite--it made reasonable sense to handle this
> in-house rather than wait for the TEI to establish a maintenance
> mechanism for it.

I think back in March I reminded Perry how to revise the Tite ODD so
that it used Tite-specific examples. This was not a new mechanism --
it's one that's been present since the first releases of P5. So there
was no need to wait for the TEI to establish anything: just use the
tools that are already there.

 >. Also we should remember
> that it is only know we seem able to do this: when the subject came up
> in Nancy, we left it on the table because we didn't really know what to
> do about making it "official."

Like Sebastian, I remember that the Council did actually spend quite a
lot of time and effort discussing how to make Tite "official" at its
meeting in Berlin and subsequently.

 > They really don't deserve some of the acrimony they have been
> shown, both here and when they were in Michigan.

I don't remember any acrimony in Michigan. Maybe I was in the wrong bar.
My suggestion about litigation was not particularly bad-tempered -- In
just find it ironic that at the same time as we were agonising over
whether or not the GPL was what we wanted to use, the GPL was being
openly flouted by the text of every page of the Tite Spec. (and I have
every confidence in Kevin's ability to resolve that particular issue)

>>> (Dan, I recall that we were waiting on the results of a review of Apex's
>>> schema from an outside party [David Seaman?],

Dan, can we have an update on this? Is someone reviewing "Apex's
schema"? will the council see the result? when?