[tei-council] One Licence Does it all

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 15:18:12 EDT 2010

On 10 Aug 2010, at 19:41, Perry Trolard wrote:

> If this is the recommended course, perhaps Dan & I should compare notes
> about pending changes to Tite coming out of Apex, then I can file
> tickets for each.

which seems weird. Apex can't change TEI Tite, only we can do that. They should
be submitting bugs or feature requests, which we implement

> (Dan, I recall that we were waiting on the results of a review of Apex's
> schema from an outside party [David Seaman?],

even weirder. What on earth is a review of the schema all about? or is this a different
schema?

I am afraid I don't feel the TEI Board, or sub-committee thereof, has handled
this Apex thing very well. To find such a lack of clarity about fundamental
aspects like licensing, authoritative files, and maintenance procedures, so late
in the day is disturbing.  I may be told, of course, that this was all done by the
TEI/Apex work team, and its all sorted - but that would bring me back to asking
exactly who is in charge of this customization and its offshoots?

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente