[tei-council] TEI Tite maintenance (was Re: One Licence Does it all)

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Aug 10 14:31:52 EDT 2010

My vision is that the TEI Council will continue maintaining the
canonical version of Tite so that some day, if Apex and the TEI-C end
their relationship, we will have an improved starting point for another
vendor to use in this program rather than relying on Apex to give us
their latest schema.

Furthermore, if another vendor wants to start up their own bulk
digitization program while AccessTEI is still going with Apex, this
vendor has a good starting point in the form of the canonical version
with corrections made to it.

Kevin