[tei-council] Tite maintenance (was Re: One Licence Does it all)

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Aug 10 13:07:07 EDT 2010

On 8/10/2010 12:56 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2010, at 17:11, O'Donnell, Dan wrote:
>
>> The next issue is how to get Tite into a regular maintenance schedule
>> and authority. In this case, my understanding is that the will is there,
>> it just needs direction. We already treat it as a TEI customisation; the
>> question is probably simply taking initiative.
>

> if we agree that the thing is simply another component of the guidelines,
> then we simply follow Kevin's lead, and have bugs/requests entered
> in Sourceforge, and acted upon by editorial team under council
> instruction

I agree that it would be good for all requests to revise the canonical
version of Tite, maintained in SourceForge, to go as tickets in
SourceForge.  But we also want to make sure there is ongoing
communication between this canonical version and Apex's fork (which they
call Tite 1.1:
http://accesstei.apexcovantage.com/Content/documents/TEI-Tite_guidelines__1.1.pdf
).

We are promised a document from Perry Trolard describing changes made in
this fork so that we can consider making these in the canonical version
as well.  While I suggested we do these before tackling any of my
revisions, it might not really make a difference.  After all, my errors
are problems in 1.1 as well.  Likewise, we would like Apex to continue
informing someone on Council about any further changes they decide to
make in their fork.

We should also make sure that we communicate back to Apex any changes we
make to the canonical version on our own (not at their suggestion) in
case they want to incorporate any of these into their fork.

Do we need a designated Council member whose job it is to maintain this
communication with Apex?

Kevin