[tei-council] maintenance of Tite

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Aug 9 16:29:33 EDT 2010

Good question. The Tite experience has prompted a number of very useful
issues and experiences including the need to have specifically referable
releases and the issue about positively or negatively defining the
inclusion and exclusion of elements.

My understanding, cc'd to Perry here to check that I've got this right,
is that Apex are using a specific schema generated from the current odd,
and that the TEI can update and change the official ODD as we go along
on our regular update schedules. Obviously we want to avoid breaking
backwards compatibility, but Perry also did some custom examples and
things, I think.

-dan

On 10-08-09 11:55 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Kevin has submitted some sensible bug reports on Sourceforge about Tite. But I am unsure how to handle these, as I don't know the state of the thing. Is Perry T working on it or not? and what maintenance schedule are we imposing on this beast, given the agreement with Apex?
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>
> Sólo le pido a Dios
> que el futuro no me sea indiferente

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)