[tei-council] its release time

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 14:34:22 EDT 2010

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>    * the versions of P5 back to 1.0 are up on the web site and addressable

Trivial bug:

Some of the back versions have the TEI-C navbar other ones don't.

Compare for example:
http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/1.0.0/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-w.html
and 1.0.1 which have it with ... well all the rest including current
when in the vault which don't have it.
e.g. http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/1.5.0/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-w.html

Is there a relative pathname or something to pull in the navbar that
isn't being found?

For those of you interested in one of the benefits of this is that it
gives a canonical way to refer to the human readable reference for 'w'
above and compare its content model across versions. (see above)  One
can also of course can easily point to the sources for the elements
http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/1.0.0/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/w.xml
vs
http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/1.6.0/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/w.xml

Of course we could do this with SVN, but this is a better way to have a
canonical URL at the TEI domain. I can just imagine some lovely
applications allowing you to compare and contrast the TEI through the
ages. ;-)  I wonder if anyone will build any? We should think how to
advertise this and point to it on the website itself.

-james
--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technology Service
Oxford University Computing Services