[tei-council] xml:id definition

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 11:26:13 EDT 2010

On 8 Jun 2010, at 14:17, Gabriel Bodard wrote:

> Can I just ask, has there been any progress on fixing the problem of the
> definition of @xml:id being broken by schemas containing tagdocs? (I've
> just been asked about this problem by a TEI user who is reluctant to
> join lists etc.) Last I recall, Sebastian seemed optimistic about fixing
> this based on George Bina's "cunning plan".

Yes, I am glad to say that as of a week or so ago, this is fixed. Lou and I have tested
it, and it seems OK.   The ODD processing has had a fairly large set of changes,
coping with new <elementRef> etc elements, @exclude/@include on <moduleRef>,
and the @source facility on *Ref. You will suddenly have a lot more expressivity, at not
much cost.

the downside is that all this is only in the XSLT 2.0 stylesheets, which don't work with
Roma.  I don't have a plan for how to cope, I am sorry to say:

choices
 1  withdraw Roma from service
 2  leave Roma frozen and old-style
 3  reimplement all changes back in XSLT 1.0 as well (not a small task)
 4  write a new Roma in Java
 5  hack the old Roma to use a web service to do its transformation work (if we had a web service)

any preferences ?

> When is next release scheduled?

second week of July

Sólo le pido a Dios