[tei-council] @source urns and @version datatype bug

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue May 18 12:21:39 EDT 2010

James, I think that should be David.S (i.e. with a separator).

;)

On 10-05-18 05:32 AM, James Cummings wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>
>> 3. We could make a distinction between "version" and "release" and have
>> two attributes -- so release 1.2.0 of P5 would be @version="5" and
>> @release=1.2.0. Or we could use a different four number pattern for
>> @version and allow 5.1.2.0
>>
> For the record, I don't really have a problem with 5.1.2.1 as a TEI
> version number. i.e. I don't mind there being 4 parts.  Also long as wel
> announce this change, make sure the version number is displayed on the
> webpages and sourceforge like this, etc.  I just want us be consistent
> over all places the TEI version is displayed and also not do special
> eliding of the last two digits.
>
> I have to say my preferences align with Dan's in this case, 4 digit
> number or if lots of argument against that, two attributes.  I'm not
> really bothered about which solution is chosen as long as we are
> consistent and remember to implement it this time. ;-)
>

>> 4. This matters because we need to decide on a single way of refering to
>> specific releases/versions which is now possible using the @source
>> attribute on ODD *Ref elements
>>
> Yes. DavidS and I proposed a method for canonical URLs for release
> packages on the website.  I've got a copy of this with me and will
> re-read it and after discussion with DavidS might re-propose something
> specifically in this area.
>
> -James

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)