[tei-council] @version (SF bug 2932853)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 11 05:20:05 EDT 2010

Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> Restrict ourselves to data.version for what exactly?  The values of
> @version on TEI, teiCorpus, and unicodeName?

Krekt. That's what is implemented. If Unicode change their version
format, I suppose we might have to revisit the question, so  let us pray
devoutly that they don't.

> If the @version that's part of att.translatable is only used internally
> by the TEI and never included in ODDs produced by Roma or Vesta, then,
> as you say, renaming this attribute wouldn't break backwards
> compatibility.  However, I am not so troubled by having an attribute
> called @version in att.translatable with a different datatype (and
> semantics) from the @version on TEI, teiCorpus, and unicodeName, which
> have their own datatype and semantics.  So if it's a lot of trouble to
> fix, I would just leave it.

Does Vesta produce ODDs? And the ODD s/schemas output by Roma will
definitely include this attribute if you include any  translatable
elements. However, I agree with you that it's probably not worth
worrying about right now.