[tei-council] post Dublin ticket update 1

Lou lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 6 12:49:27 EDT 2010

I'm working through all the SF tickets again, applying changes agreed in
Dublin as far as I remember them being agreed to. A small number remain
outstanding for reasons indicated below, and there may well be other
changes which I've forgotten documented in the minutes when they appear.
The list below covers the Feature Requests; bugs are next, and then I
plan to move on to the other major sets of action (the
Kevin-Martin-Laurent bibliog paper; the ODDplus proposals; the genetic
proposals).

Comments on the following topics welcomed!

2925145 (Generic dating class) -- I think we felt this proposal needed
more work still, but I don't know who if anyone was actioned to take it
forward. There is now an additional though mysterious comment on the ticket.

2859355  (<subst> should permit textual data) -- we spent quite a lot of
time discussing this without I think addressing the real problem with
this proposal. I've now added a comment to the ticket saying why I think
it's a bad idea and would welcome further discussion.

  2811239 (new element 'object') -- I may be thick but I am still having
problems understanding what exactly is being proposed here and why it's
necessary. I think we agreed to ask Gabby to give us more examples, as
the ones on the ticket at present are unpersuasive.

2859183  (Make all milestoneLike elements spanning) and the more generic
but less specific  2834511  (Add more elements to att.spanning) -- we
didn't discuss these on the grounds that they were a part of the genetic
proposal, but looking at them again, I don't think that's quite true.
Certainly 2859183 is quite independent of it.

  2909766  (make <del> and <add> (etc) dateable) -- I've added a comment
asking whether the genetic @stage proposal is going to be sufficient for
this use case, or whether we want to support that in parallel with the
use of att.datable attributes (actually @stage looks remarkably similar
to @period, so maybe the two should be considered together.)