[tei-council] TEI Guidelines virtual language hosts + some concerns

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Apr 21 16:12:45 EDT 2010

David Sewell wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>

>> So, my vote is to remove the virtual hosts and add the Google search box to
>> the P5 HTML pages.  If it's appropriate to also offer searches of P5 in other
>> languages besides English, I would have these as additional drop-down options.
>>

> Even if we decide not to use the virtual hosts, we may as well leave
> them configured in case future localization work makes them desirable.
> (Plus I don't want to tell Shayne and the university DNS administrators,
> "sorry, we changed our mind about those...")

Maybe you should consider politics, David! (P.S. I understand the Tea
Partiers are looking for leadership: I suspect you'd get on like a house
on fire with them... literally). ;)

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)