[tei-council] Fwd: Internet draft revised

Dot Porter dot.porter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:17:28 EDT 2010

I'm pretty sure I'm with the looking ahead / P5 only camp. What kind
of practical issues/problems might come with having an
application/tei+xml mediatype apply only to P5 files, vs. applying to
previous versions as well? As Martin says, new tools will most likely
be P5 specific in any case... P5 is so different from previous
versions, it seems that having a separate mediatype would be
preferable, from an application-development point of view.

Dot

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Laurent Romary
<laurent.romary at inria.fr> wrote:
> Hi Council,
> Can I get the opinion of the others on this?
> Cheers,
> Laurent
>

> Début du message réexpédié :
>
>> De : Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
>> Date : 30 mars 2010 18:34:00 GMT+02:00
>> À : TEI-L at listserv.brown.edu
>> Objet : Rép : Internet draft revised
>> Répondre à : mholmes at uvic.ca
>>
>> Me too. I don't think it's likely that anyone is going to write a
>> web application or browser plugin that aims at dealing with generic
>> P4 code.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin
>>
>> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>> I'm with Brett, let's keep it clean and forward looking. Just P5
>>> onwards.
>>> --
>>> Sebastian Rahtz      (acting) Information and Support Group Manager
>>> Oxford University Computing Services
>>> 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431
>>> Sólo le pido a Dios
>>> que el futuro no me sea indiferente
>>
>> --
>> Martin Holmes
>> University of Victoria Humanities Computing and Media Centre
>> (mholmes at uvic.ca)
>> Half-Baked Software, Inc.
>> (mholmes at halfbakedsoftware.com)
>> martin at mholmes.com
>
> Laurent Romary
> INRIA & HUB-IDSL
> laurent.romary at inria.fr

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager (on leave)
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Regus House, 28-32 Upper
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com