[tei-council] Influential Blogs?

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Mar 25 15:18:56 EDT 2010

Thanks Kevin,

The portal is three weeks away from being finished, they claim. In terms
of the schema, we decided in consultation with Lou and Laurent (and
Apex, of course) to clean up what we had, but to defer the issue of
coordination with the encoding levels and the issue of generating
schemas positively from tei-all as a longer term project.

I'm supposed to report on this at the council meeting, but that might
also be a good time to launch this properly as a council project.

-dan

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Are they looking to announce AccessTEI?  If so, shouldn't this be a
> joint press release between the TEI-C and Apex?
>
> Is AccessTEI actually ready to be announced?  The last we heard from you
> on February 11, Perry Trolard was making some revisions based on
> suggestions from Apex and was going to bring them to the Council for
> approval.  My offer to help with this (sent to you and Perry on March
> 14) and in particular to deal with the interface of Tite and the Best
> Practices for TEI in Libraries still stands.
>
> Kevin
>
> On 25/03/2010 15:51, O'Donnell, Dan wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a request from the marketing people at Apex, that I thought the
>> people here might be able to help with:
>>

>>> In the same vein of marketing TEI, we are looking into blogs where we
>>> could advertise the service. Do you know of any blogs or blogging
>>> platforms that are particularly associated with digitization or that
>>> might be frequented by people who might want digitization services?
>>>
>> Any suggestions? Obviously our own new and improved newserver and
>> Digital Medievalist. But are there other influential blogs or newservers
>> we should consider hitting?
>>
>> -dan

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidential)