[tei-council] a proposal for a change to ODD (copy of ticket I just put in SF)

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at loria.fr
Fri Mar 5 02:23:37 EST 2010

I think you're right and in my talk in Ann Arbour, I started to think
of mechanisms to simplify the move.
First, instead of introducing a new element to the purpose of
indicating what one wants to use, we could just invent a new mode, like:
<elementSpec ident=”sexyThing" mode=”use”> (and probably do something
similar for moduleRef)
Second, we need to simplify the listing of needed elements by
introducing a simplified version of 'cristals', so that by saying:
<cristalSpec ident=“biblStruct” mode=“use”>, we tell the processor
that we want biblStruct and all (mandatory?, defined in the same
module?, classes?, ) elements directly below. We could then in turn
have a few 'delete' instruction to further reduce the thing.