[tei-council] a proposal for a change to ODD (copy of ticket I just put in SF)

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 11:38:58 EST 2010

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 4 Mar 2010, at 15:44, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
>> This is not really an objection, but I note that I quite like being able
>> to re-run my unchanged ODD against the new version of Roma and see the
>> new element <surplus> added to my schema, because it's in the
>> modules/classes that I've already said I want.
>> Is your proposal a replacement for, or a supplement to, the existing model?
> definitely a supplement. existing ODDs work as before

Yes, I mean I would assume that you can have ODDs written exactly
as before and saying <moduleRef key="foo"> then you want the
entire module and whatever is it in the future.  If instead you
only want certain elements you wouldn't have the moduleRef at
all, and instead just have lots of elementRefs.  Or am I
misunderstanding the mechanism?

-James