[tei-council] Criteria for TEI Repository Inclusion

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 09:04:06 EST 2010

On 3 Mar 2010, at 13:52, James Cummings wrote:

> What about something like the genetic editing material?  We have
> a directory called genetic/ where some of those working on
> genetic editing (as a sub-group of the TEI-MS SIG originally)
> have some work in progress which will eventually come before the
> council.

that one is a bit different, and a mess, as its partly a drafting of a new chapter,
but also creating a Tite-like documented Exemplar. I suspect it will end
up splitting apart.

I _think_ I would actually go now for breaking apart the TEI SF monolith,
using it just for  the Guidelines sources.  Then create a new "tei-tools"
for Roma, Stylesheets, Emacs, OOTEI, etc, which could also be a home
for exemplars and incubation projects like genetics whose future is
unsure. Big secure projects like Epidoc remain in their own place,
of course. The status of "tei-tools" would be that it was managed by TEI-C
as a service, but that its contents were not as official as "tei"

why don't we just do this? basically because my heart fails at the the thought
of all the work involved of breaking apart and migrating the Subversion
repos. It would a lot of very careful donkey labour, and I don't want to do it.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente