[tei-council] Criteria for TEI Repository Inclusion

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 05:47:00 EST 2010

On 3 Mar 2010, at 10:36, Julianne Nyhan wrote:

> I can see certain benefits in terms of
> having e.g. the TEI Journal ODD on the TEI-C SN repository (i.e.
> 'store/develop/etc. as an exemplar or not' ). But what extra responsibilites
> would such a move bring for TEI-C?
>
> Is there a possibility that the responsibilities could outweigh the
> benefits?

Yes, I would say so.  It would mean the TEIC having to manage
the process of change over future years, and support it. So
for TEI Tite, we accept thats a project of TEIC, and we
know it'll be some work every year keeping it oiled
and adapted, and documenting it more and more. But
something like ENRICH (or Epidoc) has its own momentum
and support community, and does not need or want
the TEI Council to oversee its every move (as we should for Tite).

If hosting projects were rare or expensive, of course the TEIC should
offer it, but since we are blessed with excellent free services,
I see no question but that ENRICH should float on its own,
in a pool with Epidoc

As for the TEI Journal customization,  that depends on
whether its a community project with other publishers, or
specific to the TEIC

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente