[tei-council] Criteria for TEI Repository Inclusion

Julianne Nyhan julianne.nyhan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 05:36:12 EST 2010

Hello,

>However, producing a list of them wasn't really my point, more when should
TEI-C
>conclude that something is central enough to the TEI to
>store/develop/etc. as an exemplar or not.  For example, the TEI Journal
>will I assume have a slimed down TEI ODD for its schema... is this
>something that the TEI-C SVN repository should contain? Or should it be
>hosted separately?

Right now I can see both for and against.

I can see certain benefits in terms of
having e.g. the TEI Journal ODD on the TEI-C SN repository (i.e.
'store/develop/etc. as an exemplar or not' ). But what extra responsibilites
would such a move bring for TEI-C?

Is there a possibility that the responsibilities could outweigh the
benefits?

Best,
Julianne

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Sebastian Rahtz <
sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 3 Mar 2010, at 08:54, Lou Burnard wrote:
>
> > So I suppose what James meant to say was that the TEI wiki has a place
> > for putting *information about* customisations (and links to their
> > canonical homes if any)?
>

> yes, which is orthogonal to the question he asked about where the canonical
> homes should be
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>
> Sólo le pido a Dios
> que el futuro no me sea indiferente

Dr Julianne Nyhan,
Kompetenzzentrum für elektronische Erschließungs- und Publikationsverfahren
in den Geisteswissenschaften
Universität Trier
Fachbereich II / Germanistik
Universitätsring 15