[tei-council] Criteria for TEI Repository Inclusion

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 15:10:58 EST 2010

On 2 Mar 2010, at 17:18, Julianne Nyhan wrote:

> even if, as you say TEI-C did not create the e.g. customisation in question
> it seems to me
> that having a centralised access point for customisations could be
> very convenient and useful.

which is not quite the same thing as having ENRICH on SF next to TEI.
Having a nice new catalogue on the TEI web pages would be very sensible

>> One thing to bear in mind is that the TEI SF SVN repository does not
>> give fine-grained access.  If you give access to personX as a developer
>> on it, then they have the ability to add/change/edit the whole of the
>> TEI Guidelines and any of the software above.
> Yikes - in that case I guess it would be too risky. Is it possible to change
> this at all?

not that we know of.

to be honest, the risk is small. everything is in a version control system,
and I (at least) get an email telling me of every commit, so weirdnesses
get picked up pretty quickly. If all else failed, I (or some other
admin)  would get back the state of last known saneness and restore over the top.

Sebastian Rahtz

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente