[tei-council] Lists of Council Members

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 12:15:44 EST 2010

The other day while examining Sebastian's PDF of the Guidelines for
flaws I noticed the acknowledgement section. In it there is a list of
council members who elected and active during the years that TEI P5
version 1.0 was created. See:
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/FM1.html

This got me thinking about all those Council members who have
contributed sometimes significantly to the Guidelines since their
initial P5 publication, and that the donation of their time to the TEI
isn't recorded in the Guidelines per se.  There is a list of currently
serving members at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/ but that as
well only lists currently elected members.

What I was going to suggest is that:
a) there should be a publicly accessible, simple alphabetic list of who
has been on Council (optionally board as well), and their associated
dates, which is updated each year.
b) that the Guidelines (at the bottom of the list of Council members)
give a link to this with a note to the effect that ongoing maintenance
has been undertaken by the TEI Council.

And no, in case you're interested, I'm already in the list in the
Guidelines so this isn't some way to try and shoehorn my name in, just a
recognition that there are some who I know have worked hard on the
Guidelines since then who aren't in that list.

Food for thought,

-James