[tei-council] FR 2862151: allow certainty in gap and space

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 17:32:24 EST 2010

Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> I agree that (a) this was a sensible ticket,

Why thank you, cynics might say that since you've got a use case for it
as well that you might be biased.

> and (b) there is a concrete
> use-case here which is different from merely thinking something might be
> a good idea in principle. Allowing glossLike on all empty elements might
> be a good idea in principle, but until there's a use-case for it, let's
> not frighten the bees.

Completely reasonable, yes, of course.  I was only responding to Dan's
idea that we might be changing the semantics slowly (is that 'semantic
creep'?), and I don't think we are even if we did add lots of things
with a similar structure.  But yes, all we're suggesting now is that
graphic should be added to model.glossLike.

-James