[tei-council] facsKey agayne

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 09:15:50 EST 2010

discussed this further with folks out running today, and got a mixed response.

In _some_ ways the comparison is with "isbn:1234567", where there is no single
point of reference for an ISBN, and deciding how to handle it is local. But we
do generally assume that ISBN is unique, whereas in this case
    "local:P45"
means something entirely different in each institution.

the comparison with DOI is also possible, as in

    urn:doi:10.1029/2003GL018014

but again this must assume that 10.1029/2003GL018014 is a permanent identifier
in a way that "P45" is not.

Still, I do feel that this direction is interesting enough that we should not implement
@facsKey until we are really sure we need it.
(acting) Information and Support Group Manager
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente