[tei-council] TEI SF repo blocked to US-sanctioned countries?

Gabriel BODARD gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 8 17:46:25 EST 2010

Would someone who had admin control over the TEI project at SourceForge
like to take a look at the project settings and consider unchecking the
box that says we need to be blocked to users from US-sanctioned areas
because of rules against the export of encryption technology? (See
http://sourceforge.net/blog/some-good-news-sourceforge-removes-blanket-blocking/
for the background.) As far as I know the TEI isn't in the business of
building or using encyrption tech, so this should be safe...? (And I
hate to think of colleagues in N Korea, Iran or Cuba unable to download
the source of the TEI schemas, guidelines, Roma, etc.)

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher & Digital Classicist)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London