[tei-council] Monday ticket agenda

Dot Porter dot.porter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:54:08 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> According to the minutes of our last call, we were going to discuss the
> following items
>     * 2811239: new element 'object'
>     * 2811234: add @ref to 'material'
>     * 2724997: Cater for audio/video facsimile
> However, in practice, I haven't seen any discussion of these topics as
> yet so we should probably relegate them to the Dublin FTF unless anyone
> is all fired up to speak to them.

The first two are interesting (imo) but not anything that can be taken
care of quickly. I agree that they should be held off on until the
F2F. Same for the third I'd think.

Dot

> There has however been some discussion of some of the 40 or so other
> outstanding tickets. I've therefore made a quick selection from
> outstanding amber issues, looking for some which (I think) we might
> possibly be able to resolve quickly. Feel free to propose others!
>
>     * 2714682: permit <biblScope> as child or as sibling of <imprint>
>        -- at present we allow either. This is confusing. Is it right?
>
>     * 2812634: @docStatus on <edition>
>     * 2909766: made del and add dateable
>       -- these both relate to use of TEI for born digital docs.
>       not unreasonable stretches
>
>     * 2925031: @ident datatype on <valItem>
>       -- what is the diff between data.code and data.enumerated
>
>     * 2940860: add xml:space to att.global
>       -- is this really necessary?
>
>     * 2919640: global at facsKey
>        -- redefine @facs or replace it?
>
>     * 2925145: generic date class --
>        should @when mean @when-iso or @when-w3c?

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager (on leave)
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Regus House, 28-32 Upper
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com