[tei-council] Vault migration progress

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu Jan 21 15:22:46 EST 2010

 From an archival standpoint, I think it is best not to correct any
links in documents in the Vault.  That would be manipulating the
historical record in a way that will make it even more difficult for
future researchers to imagine what the authors of these documents were
referring to at the time.  Fixing internal links only is okay if it's
needed for documents to let users get from one document to another,
though I don't think it's actually required.

I think it's acceptable to fix character encoding (as you have) in order
to make these documents readable by contemporary software.  We are
offering an archive for users, after all -- not a preservation-quality
bitstream.

Kevin