[tei-council] TEI Mimetype and W3C draft of "Associating Style Sheets with XML documents"

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 10 18:05:33 EST 2009

David Sewell wrote:
> No, you're not being thick. I sent the earlier message in a hurry
> while quickly scanning through my email, and in looking back at the new
> W3C draft I am realizing that to the extent that it strengthens the XML
> stylesheet framework, it perhaps makes the MIME type on XML less
> critical. So I guess its effect on the TEI mimetype discussion is at
> best neutral.

Hiya,

Yes, linking the TEI-Consortium stylesheets with a document based on
mime-type was mentioned by those supporting the idea of a mime-type as a
possible application of it.  My answer at the time, I thought, was that
there are already better ways to do this (viz using xml-stylesheet
processing instructions).  So this is just a red herring I think.  I'm
still not whole-heartedly against the idea...just don't think we should
rush in. ;-)

-James