[tei-council] Getting started document

Julianne Nyhan julianne.nyhan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:34:00 EST 2009

Hello,

I have talked to my co-Editor (Stephanie A. Schlitz) about publishing the
‘Getting started with TEI’ material in TEI-EJ. We are agreed that we would
be delighted to publish it and that it would be a great boon for TEI-EJ to
do so. The first issue of TEI-EJ is planned for July 2010 and we hope to
publish the first of the ‘Getting started with TEI’ tutorials in this issue.

Peter, is it possible for you to liaise with the other authors to ask them
to contribute to a

short proposal that sets out the following:

- number of articles to be submitted; for example, will there be ten
articles in total, one per
chapter?

- brief outline of content to be included per article; for example,
will the articles follow the
chapter sequence & outline already in place?

- how frequently would a new chapter/article in the series be
published? Waiting to publish
bi-annually or quarterly seems unnecessary; we could perhaps publish
one section per month
 over twelve months?

- would the authors be willing to have the series published under a
"Tutorials" section of the
 journal site (as opposed to within the quarterly issue)?

- Publishing material that caters to various learning styles is an
important aspect of TEI-EJ.
Would the authors be willing to allow another individual to create
video tutorials from their
material, or would they be willing to create some vignettes using
their material?

Perhaps you can take Brett up on his offer of help,  in whatever way suits
you best, when coordinating this.

We would really appreciate it if you can get the proposal to us by 15.
January 2010 so that we can
integrate the series into our ongoing planning.

Best,
Julianne