[tei-council] Service Letters

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Dec 7 11:26:53 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've got to run from the meeting now. But I'd hoped to raise the idea of
service letters for your various employers. These are hard copy letters
thanking you for your service to the TEI you can use with your deans, etc.

Last year we started the process, but one thing led to another and there
wasn't the staff time to get them out. This year I've booked some
secretarial support so it will happen.

Could you send me a snail-mail address for letters to go to? The letter
is addressed to you (rather than a dean or chair, or similar): the idea
is that you can show a copy to the person; I don't have the staff time
for letters to individual higher-ups except in the exceptional cases
(e.g. promotion or tenure hearings or the like)--and I'm happy to write
those letters at any time.

I've booked the time for a week tomorrow. If you could get me the
addresses in this week, I'd really appreciate it.

I'd like addresses from all types of council members: new, departing,
continuing, and hangers-on/ex officio people like myself.

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)