[tei-council] Tickets for Monday

Dot Porter dot.porter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:46:37 EST 2009

Hi Lou,

Thanks for laying these all out.

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> --- New subjects -----------
>
> 2811239:  new element 'object'  [*DP]
> 2811234:  add @ref to 'material' [*DP]
>
> These may take some time as it's not clear where we're going with them.
> If Dot is able to join us we should have a better sense, but I don't
> anticipate resolving the associated issues very quickly, and they don't
> have to be in the next release. It would be better to take time e.g. to
> prepare good use cases.

I'm afraid that I definitely won't be at tomorrow's meeting. I will be
adding some comments to both of these items, and although I have some
suggestions I don't think that they will be resolved after one set of
discussions. So I'm glad to hear that's already anticipated.

Thanks,
Dot

> ---- ODD issues ------------
>
> 2890254: ability to define new element with same name as an existing [*DS]
> 2834871:TEI Changes since ODD last loaded
> 2411994: Define canonical way of referencing TEI element definitions
>   2298442: ODD should customize ODD
> 1933481: ODD needs a way to indicate deprecation at next major releas
>
> I suggest we defer discussion of all these (except the first) till we
> can set up an ODD-specific meeting. Again, they are not deal breakers
> for our next release.

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager (on leave)
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Regus House, 28-32 Upper
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com