[tei-council] Amber items for discussion on Monday: stake your claim now!

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 18:49:17 EST 2009

May I suggest that we spend as much as possible of our next call
trying to make some progress on some of the 20 or so outstanding Amber
tickets, listed below in reverse date order. (For new members, an
Amber ticket typically describes an issue where the Council has not
yet reached clear consensus as to to what should be done, if anything)

I'll try to post a brief comments on some of these before the
weekend, but in the meantime can I ask for volunteers to speak to some
of the tickets listed below? Please tell the list as soon as you've
chosen your ticket though, so that we don't all try to deal with the
same one! If each council member chooses just one topic from the lists
below, we should be able to make a good deal of headway.

What you need to do is go to http://bit.ly/56dzWs (which shd resolve
to our sourceforge feature request tracker), choose a ticket that
interests you, click on its description, and read the comments. In
some cases (2877940 is one) you may also need to refer back to
preceding discussion on the tei-council or tei-l list. Either way, you
should aim for a clear understanding of what the issues are, even if
you are not certain what the right course of action should be.

For reasons now lost in the mists of time, we distinguish "feature
requests" from "bug reports". In practice, people don't remember the
difference, but we still have two lists to deal with. Here's the list
of open "feature requests" in the amber group:

2877940 |Revisit use of @target, @match on certainty, precision, etc. |
2009-10-13
2862151 |Allow certainty etc. in "empty" elements | 2009-09-19
2859355 |<subst> should permit textual data | 2009-09-15
2859183 |Make all milestoneLike elements spanning | 2009-09-15
2834511 |Add more elements to att.spanning with schematron constraint |
2009-08-09
2834505 |@cert on choice and model.choicePart | 2009-08-09
2830815 |vesta: convert multiple schemata | 2009-08-01
2812634 |@docStatus on <edition> | 2009-06-26
2811239 |new element 'object' | 2009-06-24
2811234 |add @ref to 'material' | 2009-06-24
2798963 |add @role to author | 2009-05-30
2794512 |Move <space> to core module | 2009-05-20
2783323 |add @from and @to to choice | 2009-04-29
2728068 |suggested values for <relatedItem at type | 2009-04-03
2531384 |Rationalise application of @target | 2009-01-23
2493417 |<idno> coverage | 2009-01-08

And here's the list of open "bug reports"

2900430  |data type of @scribe and @script | 2009-11-19
2881416 |meeting as child of <titleStmt> |2009-10-18
2714682 |biblScope should be in Imprint or not? |2009-03-26