[tei-council] Suppressed text: summary of position (FR 2242434)

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 3 12:48:01 EST 2009

Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :
> I am sure the drafting rules for the TEI mandate proper English words
>  where possible, Scipio.

What, like <nym>, you mean?

;-)

(The reason I like this less than <superfluous> or similar, apart from
the possible confusion with <del>, is that it is again a processing
instruction, not a statement of what the characters on the page actually
are. Something that means <misplaced> would please me more.)

Are there any actual objections to "superfluous", or are we just toying
with it now?

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher & Digital Classicist)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities