[tei-council] Amber issues: a few stragglers

Lou lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 07:22:12 EDT 2009

The following are all bugs which have been outstanding since June.
Could Council members please bend their mighty brains to help close
them  (the tickets, not the brains)?

1. Ticket 2714682 on the position of biblScope within imprint (last
updated in April)  "The question at hand is whether the TEI Guidelines
should recommend anything specific regarding placement of biblScope when
there's an imprint present. It would also be helpful to say something
about what to do when you have two page number (or page ranges) given:
one for the part cited and one for the item at the analytical level."

2. Ticket 2761884 points out that the current content model for
<encodingDesc> is actually less constrained than the description of it
in the text would suggest. We need a decision as to which is right and
we need to change one or the other accordingly. Decision please -- this
ticket has not been updated since May 24. I think we did discuss it
since then, and I *think* decided that the text was right and the
content model wrong, but I can't find any record of that.

3. Ticket 2812295 suggests that we should change the content model of
<graphic> to resemble that of <figure>; I think this is a mistake, but
would appreciate further comment for or against.

4. Ticket 2813423 says there is a need for some further discussion about
the distinction between <textLang> and <langUsage> and where they may
overlap. I agree, and would appreciate some specific suggestions for
rewording.