[tei-council] [TEI-L] application/tei+xml -- again (fwd)

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 13 14:35:53 EDT 2009

I think I'm with Dan and Peter here.  I don't see that it benefits us
much... if people want to fetch the TEI-C stylesheets on loading a
document, there is already a method to do this recognised by most
browsers (stylesheet processing instruction). As 'Internet Media Types'
tend to define things like 'xml', 'pdf', 'ogg', 'javascript', and such,
I think I'm bothered by the fact that TEI is, since P4 at least, XML.
But yes, I guess if we did it then application/tei+xml is the right
form. But I just keep doubting that TEI is an application media type,
rather than just an instance of one of the existing ones (xml).

-James