[tei-council] <valList> in <content> or alongside it?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 08:45:04 EDT 2009

We had the same discussion with reference to the co-existence of datatype and valList within a single attDef, I think. The conclusion was that the valList was to be interpreted as providing additional constraints to those i,plied by the datatype, and that contradiction (for example a numeric datatype together with valLists that specify non numeric values) wd be a semantic error. in fact eventually i think we decided that the presence of q valList deter,ined the datatype as data.enumerated.  Hence my original question.