[tei-council] <valList> in <content> or alongside it?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 10:31:56 EDT 2009

On 8 Sep 2009, at 15:09, David Sewell wrote:

> What would be the effect of creating an <elementSpec> containing both
> <content> and <valList>? Would that mean a content model for the
> element
> of "either (structure defined by <content>) or (value from value
> list)"?
> I can see theoretical use cases for that.

what it _means_ is indeed an interesting question. I tend to think
that you use the most specific;
so <content> may say <rng:text/>, but <valList> overrides that and
says exacty what text you can use.
You could also do <valList> as a Schematron constraint, of course

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente